Aggressive Tetra, HELP!

LadyLail

Large Fish
Dec 31, 2008
NC
www.myspace.com
Don't you think the tank needs to be cycled??? Adding the 2.5g of water wont make the 10g ready when everything else is brand new... And Freshie could get a bottle of pH neutrilizer with conditioners in it and he's set on using tap.

Last edited:

supra1997

Large Fish
Feb 16, 2008
Oceanside, CA
www.rdubphoto.com
Reverse Osmosis Water. Its is basically tap water filtered 5 times for the most pure water you can buy. Your fish will love you for this.....
Our Tap Water has tons of micro stuff in it that can add bad elements into an aquarium. So if you start out with a pure water, and keep up with cleaning it, your fish will literally hop out of the tank, give you a high five, and hop back in. (Not literally but you get the point)

hahaha! you're funny! Here in Delaware we have crappy water too. I've been using the filtered bottled water that you can buy in a grocery store. I have a friend who lives a few appartments over who has a 24 gallon saltwater tank and she is the one who introduced me into the world of fish. She actually bought me the 2.5 gallon tank for christmas (but she gave it to me in october haha). *SUPERSMIL

supra1997

Large Fish
Feb 16, 2008
Oceanside, CA
www.rdubphoto.com
Better late then never! Honestly you will be much happier with a 10gal. Its cheap as hell too! I think the most expensive part may be the lighting for it. I wouldn't waste my time with a incandescent fixture, go with the florescent. You will have nothing but Algae headaches later on with the incandescent (regular house lamp style bulb). They are algae breeding bulbs.

So i think i might have found a temporary solution...

this might sound dumb... but it worked!
I put a mirror, on one side of the tank... and now both fish have calmed down a lot, and spend a lot of time admiring themselves... haha!

THIS IS NOT A PERMANENT SOLUTION! I will move them to a larger tank soon! But for now, do you think this is ok?

Monoxide

Large Fish
Dec 19, 2008
Ive read on other sites about sticking a mirror on the side of your tank and watching the aggressive one attack it.. or making the higher aggressive one calm down cause there's "another bad azz in there with it".

LadyLail

Large Fish
Dec 31, 2008
NC
www.myspace.com
Hey, that's how I fight my Betta every few days. CoverGirl compact on the side of the tank. He flares up, does his little dance and is all, "Yeah, I still got it... what now?!?!" when I move the mirror. Poor little fish. So very dense...