Amateur fish fanatic here

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
the 2 places I go to are family owned and run buisnesses. small stores, not a real wide selection (maybe 100 tanks in my favorite store) but what they have are either cheap for new fish keepers to the expensive like the $400 stingrays. and range from ur basic danio and neon to redtailed catfish (with warning on how big they get and size tank needed) and green terrors. and nearly all their fish come from private small time breeders such as myself.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
my lfs minimum size tank is 30 gallon for most of the tanks with the exception of the smaller ones they have on the counter like the 2.5 gallon self contained filter and light setup with a betta in it. they got stuff like that and some display tanks with fish they don't sell in it. kinda makes me mad they don't sell some of them. they got a 5 gallon tank with 3 small long finned bushy nose plecos in it and I WANT THEM. but oh well.

my LFS has been in buisness for 30 years I think in the same location. nearly everything about beginner setups I've read here they told me when they found out I was just starting a tank. they told me about what to stock and what fish need what kinda space. they still advise me about how much water certin fish need and advise me on size of the fish but yet they still let me expariment cause what don't work for some might work for me. it's a trustworthy lfs and I wish there were more out there like mine.