angelfish compatibility?

aakaakaak

Superstar Fish
Sep 9, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
Yeah they eat plecos in South America. They are catfish. If you find a redtail in a store that is that big they usually aren't real costly. 25 bucks maybe. There is a pet store here who has a big'on too. :) Same with pacus channel cats and big oscars. The store is generally happy to be rid of them.

The one in my avatar pic is a gold nugget, if you Google image him you will see a guy with one gutted and ready to eat....
ZOMG! Answer ninja!

They've had the big guy for a couple months now. They had one guy that had bought a 150 gal and was getting it all set up for the pleco and the deal fell through. They can't get rid of it. I think you're right about the price their asking, between 25 and 50. How many people do you know of with a spare 150+ gallon tank just taking up space?

nanu156

Large Fish
Mar 8, 2010
Detroit, Mi
Tons! Well I know this guy named craig... and he has this website called craigslist.... and usually 150g tanks are about 150-200 bucks on there ;) seriously tho I picked up my favorite tank and my only show tank off CL for 200 bucks. Oak cabinet, oak hood, working lights, Under Gravel plates, .75" glass awesome set up for 200 bucks. 1.00/gallon is the rule of thumb on just the tank. I like to buy with stands tho.

ALSO

Are you a member of a fish club? I would find one in your area if you can, meet cool fish people, buy cheap fish from breeders, go to fish auctions and the like. It's a good time. I have picked up some great drygoods at the cichlid association. I actually buy all of my food products from a lady I met through craigslist (who is a member too) I buy 1lb high quality flake for 10 bucks!!!! Which is a great price.

HIJACK!