Another unidentifed creature...

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I was checking out my tank as usually before bed and I say something that caught my eye. It has antennas, and looks like a shrimp/crab of some kind. He's been in a rock everything I see him, but I really think it might be a pistol shrimp. I got a glimpse of it's pinches and one is different. I didn't get a real good look as the holes in the rock are small. I think he might be stuck in there actually....

I might have to make a rescue effort.... I'll see if I can get a picture.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
well as he gets bigger you may hear him snap. Though they are kind of hit and miss, I think they need to be threatened to snap, then again, I have a green one in my 75g I never hear and a tiger in my 29 that I hear all the time....who knows....You may want to get him a watchman gobie to pair up with..... :)

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I finally got to get a good look at him. I really think he was stuck in the rock though... because I broke open the opening a little bit for him and now he's MIA. I did here him clicking at me. It took a couple times before I realized what I was hearing... Sounds like a snap when you shock someone with static electricity. His colors are a little weird though.... His tail looks striped, but I didn't get too good a look at it.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
sounds like a tiger pistol shrimp......and if he is like mine he is quick, though not as fast as a mantis.....hard to compare them when they aren't next to each other though.

My tiger is paired with a wheelers goby......and my green pistol is with a pink spot goby.