Aquascapidge Of My 55G

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
I wanted to share this with ya'll. I am planning on posting pics from now on of the changes in this tank. Here are the first pics. Sorry that it a little cloudy, I had to move the sand around a little. (Thanks prettypleco, looking at your tank gave me the idea for "caves".) The left side of the tank is not going to stay the way that it is. I just didnt want it to be too bare. Tell me what you think.

Attachments

seastaar88

Superstar Fish
Feb 1, 2004
middletown, CT
to help camoflauge the obviousness of the while pvc, why not roll around the pvc in sand (using aquarium-safe sealent)? just a thought! but otherwise, they look really neat with the mound of sand in the middle, i really like it. well done iwth the placement of gravel.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
This is the 55G in my sig. Thanks guys. I was hoping that the plants would eventually hide the pipe. Im adding more plants soon. (Amazon Sword, Dwarf Rush, Ludwiga, Moss Balls, and Water Sprite) I am also adding another peice of wood on the mound (that the reason for it) and another piece on the left side that will kind of look like a root. Its going to be neat. I cant wait!!

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Here is another stage. The white rocks are obviously not going to stay there. Im getting really excited!! I cant wait till its done!! My Co2 unit should be here any day now and next month I am going to upgrade the left side of the tank to the same light as the right side. $$$. What do you think???

Attachments

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Looking good :)

When you upgrade the lighting, you should get a lot more plants to help outcompete the algae, otherwise, you may end up with an algae farm on your hands. Fast-growing stem plants will work, such as hornwort, anacharis, hygrophilia, etc.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Yes, kuhli loaches will just dig them up :p. It might be an idea to wait a month until the plants are well established before you get the kuhlis.

I would up the watersprite by another few bunches, if possible. You want the tank really full of plants at the beginning :)