Back to saltwater

War Eagle

Small Fish
Sep 5, 2008
Cumming, Georgia
Well, I had actually administered the first dose of destroyer before I read your advise and besides that this stuff is expensive and the $ is already spent so ... But, looking at water flow. What pump would you recomend for the 14g cube? Currently I have the stock pump plus a Micro-Jet 320. Are those two not turning my water over enough? Also like I stated above I have a Koralia 1 in sid ethe tank. Looking a the slime growing on the sand and food flowing through the tank when I feed it does not appear that there are any dead spots, unless it is within the rocks. I moved the Korilia to point directly into the rocks to try and solve that potential problem.

Thanks for the comments and advice. Well see how this works out. Should I wait until I get the slime under control before I begin stocking? I currently on have a couple blue damsels that are going back to the lfs and two hermits and one turbo (need more cuc).

War Eagle

Small Fish
Sep 5, 2008
Cumming, Georgia
Cyano is gone. I will do a large wc today and begin using the Phosguard. I got a couple three stripe (zebra) damsels to place the blues that I lost. I also have two turbos and four blue leg hermits.
Yes Lorna, I will not sink a bunch of money into livestock until I know th tank is stable. I have to go back through my learning curve for a while.
I also want to build up the amount of LR I have before I stock it for the long haul. I don't want to have to chase those damsels around a scaped tank.
As for my Auburn colors. The lfs guy saw me comming today, he was exited because he had something for me. A Sea Apple that is navy blue with neon burn orange stipes and when he feeds it has this white bloom that comes out. I told him the same thing, I am not ready to sink any bucks into livestock yet. But it is cool looking.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
OMG....and especially a sea apple. I wouldn't recommend a sea apple to anyone. They have been known to nuke whole tanks when they get unhappy and they get unhappy a lot. Difficult to keep even for experienced reef keepers with large stable systems. Definitely not something to add at this point. LFS haven't a clue sometimes.

War Eagle

Small Fish
Sep 5, 2008
Cumming, Georgia
I think/ hope he was kidding. He knows how new my tank is and he and everyone that works for him seems to be knowledgable about what they are doing. I hope. I am about to get satified with the appearance of teh tank so I hope to post a pic soon.