Bangaii Cardinal Babies

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
They are definitely getting bigger. There are about 3 large ones and 4 smaller ones that I can tell. I think one of the smaller ones got sucked into the pump yesterday. But I believe that there are still 7 there. The larger I think is about dime sized and the smallest I can see is about 2/3 that size

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Well out of all the ones that I had I have two that survived. They are getting really big and eat everything except flake/pellets....they gobble up mysis and frozen food. They are still in my sump/fuge and swim darn fast so I haven't been able to catch these two. They are probably the size of a nickle or quarter......hard to tell. I am reluctant to try to catch them as the I had caught 4 a few weeks ago and put them in my 20......they were dime sized and I thought they would be fine......There is a secretive wrasse living in that tank that within a blink of an eye gobbled up all four......I was extremely upset and couldn't believe a fish with that small of a mouth ate something almost half it's size. Oh, and one went through the protein skimmer.......not a pleasant day.......so hence I am not willing to move these last two until they are much bigger and able to fend for themselves....

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I think he was then if he spit them they didn't make it to the overflow......It is hard to see if he is as the only way you can tell them apart is when he is holding then he hides a lot.....I haven't seen him out and about for a couple of days so he could be. I wish I could catch him when he is holding but the rockwork makes is pretty much impossible. I look at any babies that survive as a bonus. These two will be grown out then I will take them to an honest lfs here and let him sell them.......

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I bought mine as tank bred and do try to by captive bred whenever possible.....I think that the more people do the ethical thing and buy captive bred fish and corals the better. It is a shame that public collection pressure has placed this beautiful fish on the edge.....