betta

kagal

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
SW PA
woo hoo i got a bubble nest......male is ready to go.......female isnt.. ::).....the only thing with the female her colors are flaring up nicely....she is white withe steel blue fins.....the blue is starting to leech into her body.....but no eggs in da belly gotta keep up with the blood worms.... :)

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Kagal do you have the breeding tank set up? To get the female to get the eggs then you need to start feeding her LIVE foods and not the freeze dried ones. I found this out the hard way and mine didn't have any eggs when I put her in the breeding tank. ;D

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
OMG! A post from Shane! I thought you were dead. ;D

Yes but my female betta didn't get any eggs in her with just the regular foods she needed the live ones. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything around me. I am going to try them again later when my male starts to act right. He won't eat anything right now. I don't know what his problem is. I think that the gouramies are probably a little bit different than the bettas though fishboy. ;D

Oct 22, 2002
lol i am not dead

i did have some massive problems with disease and extended power outages and i am down to just guppys :( i have packed almost all my tanks up and just sticking with one 20 for now :(

Oct 22, 2002
rrr um everything is well how do i put it lightly ......dead :'( includin all my bettas for some strange reason and i have packed everything up and basically almost given up on the fish hobby :( i will c if i chose to come back into it ???

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Kagal do you know how to set up the breeding tank and go about getting them to breed? Just a question because if they're ready you need to be setting it up quickly. I wouldn't want them not to breed for you if they're ready cause the tank isn't set up right. ;D

Oct 22, 2002
yeah i turned 16 on June the 7 and its a 72 plymouth satelite :)
P.S. i also got myself into a couple new hobby's so i don't know how much time is going to be possible to get my betta breeding back....my birds adn racin a stock car just take up 2 much time