BiUbe Biohazard

Dragon

Small Fish
Mar 12, 2006
Tennessee
New Fish

I bought a male Betta today. He looks like he's swimming around in an ocean compared to the tiny tank he was in at the pet store. He seems to be doing quite well right now for his first day home. He has eaten, so I believe that is a good sign!

I've read it can tank about a month for a tank to "cycle." Maybe I could add in a snail in a month? The Betta is the only living creature in the tank right now. I've had the tank set up since January, but as seen by the previous posts, the inhabitants thus far have not been lucky. I'm unsure about the bacteria and such right now. I'm going to attempt to go get the water tested tomorrow if possible.

I ordered a heater today so I can keep the temperature more stable. I do not think that the temperature in the house fluctuates that much, but I would like to add another fish one day.

wonghee76

Small Fish
Mar 3, 2006
Malaysia
hai

since i m form tropical country...so v seldom have temperature problem..as our water always stay at 28-30 degree celcius*laughingc

but once a raining season, my tank temperature went down to 24 degree celcius.....and tat is where i found y my ich doesnot disapear as it use to be lastime when my gold fish infected by ich...

hahhaha....ofcos v cant boil our tank water with fish on it....it good tat when v start a new tank or discontinue from the previous tank...just disinfect everything for prevention.....a little salt will help as prevention as well.......

wish ur betta work well....

have a nice day

Hee

Dragon

Small Fish
Mar 12, 2006
Tennessee
wonghee76 said:
wish ur betta work well....
Thank you! =)

He is still swimming about, and he ate again today. He's having some hiding behavior, and the water is quite smelly, so I am going to change the water, about 25%, tomorrow. I'm hoping I can get this tank cycled and on it's way so I can get a snail soon. =) This fish is also quite expressive in his own little way, so I am glad he is fairing well!