breeding mollies

Oct 22, 2002
I have 2 female and 1 male dalmation mollies and 1 female black molly...will the dalmation breed with the black? what can I do to promote the breeding of my dalmations? thanks in advance!!!

kitten

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
what size tank do you have them in? Keep the water spotless and they babies will be fine. They will breed with different colors....it won't take any effort to make them breed either, they're probably already pregnant :)

Oct 22, 2002
YAAY I have 18 black molly babies!!!! ;D The only tank I have extra is a small 5 gallon tank. The babies seem very happy...how big do they need to be before I try to sell them to a LFS or put them in my community tank? (a 55 gallon tank)

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
For 18 little ones. Ummmm about $5 or so. That doesn't sound like a lot but it gets them off of your hands. Personally I don't like mollies but if you do then you will have them breeding all the time. I would suggest stoking a 55 gallon with them as there are much neater fish to choose from. How many and what size tanks do you have? ;D

Oct 22, 2002
I have one 55 gal tank and one 5 gal tank...i am beginning to regret getting the mollies...they were my girlfriends pick...i have a jelly bean parrot head, clown loach, angle fish and tetras, plus said mollies...they are in the 55 gal tank...only the babies are in the 5 gal...

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
[glow=Black,2,300]NO NOT A JELLY BEAN PARROT![/glow] Sorry but these fish are the worst thing to ever happen to the aquariest society. First off parrot cichlids are hybrids (very bad thing with fish!) and secondly they're painted with artificial dyes. If I were you I would get rid of the mollies and they jellybean parrot. They are not good fish with the others. Keep the angels and tetras and get a few more clown loaches as they like groups of 3 or more better and 3 is about all for a 55 gallon. This is just my advice though. If you wish you may want a second opinion. ;D