Bubblenest?

Zman16

Large Fish
Aug 1, 2005
Pennsylvannia
Hi,

Today I put my female betta in a jar in the male betta's tank. It's been over an hour and the male dosen't look interested in making a bubblenest. Is there anything I need to do for him to create one or not?

May 7, 2005
san diego, california
usually when a male isnt inerested it is probably because he is too old. all the bettas that you can buy at a store are alreeady to old to be interested in breeding. if you want to breed them he best thing to do it find a breeder and get 2 young male and 2 young females that are brother and sister. the reason you get 2 of each is because if one set dosent work you can try another. So then ou have 4 trys. it is safe to breed brother and sister because with bettas you can inbreed them 7 time befor it gets harmfull. If you want to breed Bettas i would go to a fish store and ask for the number to their supplier for the bettas and call him and ask for what i told you.

Good Luck!

May 7, 2005
san diego, california
also have a floating peice of styrophome in the tank so that he can make his bubblenest on something and have a plant real or fake in the tank so that when you release the female she has somewhere to hide befor they start breeding because the male will chase her around for a while. But dont worrie she isnt getting hurt. Another thing is you will know when the female is reaty to go in the tank because you will see virticle stripes on her sides. feed her live food to get her more excited while you keep her in the jar.

Zman16

Large Fish
Aug 1, 2005
Pennsylvannia
I should've said that he is very interested in the female *SUPERSMIL . The female in growing vertical stripes, but the males to busy looking at the female to build a nest, but I am going to try and get some styrophome.

Zman16

Large Fish
Aug 1, 2005
Pennsylvannia
My male betta built the bubblenest and I put the female in the tank. The male is chasing the female around but there not breeding yet. Is there anything else I need to do or should I just wait?

Zman16

Large Fish
Aug 1, 2005
Pennsylvannia
Should I still keep them together, tonight when I go to bed? Or should I put her in the jar again? I don't want my female killed before she breeds. Female Bettas are tough to find around here. She already got her fins nipped up.

Zman16

Large Fish
Aug 1, 2005
Pennsylvannia
I'm going to try and stay up until they spawn. I just feel bad for the female betta. She's getting alot dammage done, but of course nothing to serious. I hope they breed soon because she's really taking a beating.

Zman16

Large Fish
Aug 1, 2005
Pennsylvannia
They still didn't spawn yet. Last night I stayed up until 2:00a.m then I put her back in the jar. Then I took her out of the jar this morning. Still nothing, except injuries on the female betta. How long dose it usually take for them to spawn?