Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com

tytus

Small Fish
Sep 19, 2006
what colour button polyps are you getting??*twirlysmi
make sure you get something colourful or fluorescent or it's just totally not worth the money...;)

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I went to get the button polyps, but the rock was gone. I was able to spot some small single buttons on an adjacent rock, there were about 5 or 6. They were on a rock with another coral. I have no idea what it is, it lookos like pink ballons or someone is blowing a bunch of bubbles with pink bubblegum. I got both the corals for 46.99 which isn't too bad I guess. I just need to know if the other one will survive or if I need to put it right at the top of the water.

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Found it. It's pink pearl bubble coral. What are my chances?

I have:
1 actinic running from 7am to 11pm.
8 blue moonlight running from 9pm to 9am.
2 daylight bults, 1 is 10k and the other is 20k. They are on from 9am to 9pm.

If I put the coral close to the surface will it survive?

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Here is a picture of it. It's just starting to fill up again. On the right side is where the biggest button polyp is. There is one below it and some more on the other side of the rock. I have 120 watts running during the day. I'm trying to figure out how to make room for one more bulb.

I read that it will reach out tenticles at night and might sting nearby coral. Those button polyps are quite close to it. If so how can I move them?

This is the button polyp I got:
Button Polyp Green - Epizoanthus species

Last edited:

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Well...I usually recommend at least 3 watts of PC or other more intense lighting for LPS...bubbles can be a little bit more forgiving, but you may still need to increase the light.

I may move the buttons until they get a little bit more established.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
if they are on the rock with the bubble coral then you are pretty much stuck with them there. The bubble if place fairly high may be fine under your lights. I have a frogspawn currently placed mid tank in my 20 under only 65watts and it is doing fine.

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Well that's good news. The frogspawn is my favorite coral. But I need to slow down and get the stuff I have going good. Maybe after I get my new rock in so it can be closer to the top. If I want to frag a button polyp all I have to do is cut the button off and put in on another rock, right?