Cherry shrimp basics

Bruckm

Large Fish
Mar 31, 2004
Texas
Visit site
Haven't seen hide nor hair of 'em in a couple of months. My wife's cousin was told by someone at DFW Aqauatic Plant Society that they take a specialized diet. something about crab. I found the algae wafers that don't contain copper by-products after someone told me it(copper in food) was poisonous to shrimp. Either way, I don't know what happened to them. :(

Again, thanks for the info. I suspect nitrates/loach though he is small and there has never been a big bio-load in that tank either. So, again...I don't know.

Last edited:

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Depends the size of the tank.

The rams are going to stay close to the ground for the most part, and so will the shrimp. So by default the rams may well kill them just for teritorial issues.

But I'd say there is always a chance.

'-JIN-'

Large Fish
Mar 21, 2006
Penang,Malaysia
ohhh,i have alot in my small hangin breeding tank on my 20g tank.bt it seems oni two babies surviev till 1/4" all drp out frm da breeeding tank as u kno there is holes in it.So how to make sure they can survive more,last time i use to pt dem in a gallon tank with moss,java ferns n amzon sword ,eventually i dun hav a cooler they died.bt if i put dem in my 75g,they like lost n neva c them again,i put about 30 in dat tank,n i could c oni 2 or 3 big 1 strollin around,is nt fun to feed them without lookin at them.and wat about crystal red,well they r juz like 2months carry their eggs 1s.so can u giv me some tips??

'-JIN-'

Large Fish
Mar 21, 2006
Penang,Malaysia
n by da way my 20g tanks seems to be crowded as u c,even my young rainbow cant survive in there.bt u think my fish will eat them??n my 20g tank r now added 4ambosis,1molly n a guppy,is all xtra cause of my 20g tank,so wat should i do??

cchase85

Large Fish
Jun 6, 2006
New England
IME, everything eats baby shrimp, but the adults can usually fend for themselves as long as they aren't small enough to fit in the mouth of the fish whole.

My red eye tetras thought my shrimp were food when I first put them in but when they realized that the food was bigger and feistier than they expected they lived together fine.