chiclids

Hmong_Mua

Small Fish
Jul 16, 2011
my pink convict is starting to attack my brothers three black convicts that he had just gave to me today, what should i do?

Hmong_Mua

Small Fish
Jul 16, 2011
Convict Chiclids

Hi,
I have a Pink Convict, and 3 Black Convict Chiclids.
they're all under 5". my tank is a 30 or 20 Gal. I have 2 rosey red minnows and a mosqito fish and also a subunkin goldfish.
my tank has a great filter, pump, caves, and rocks and gravel. however the problem is that my Pink Convict is being too protective of the tank and keeps on attacking all my other fishes. should i seperate him from the rest? or should i give him time?

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
There is a big difference between a 20 and 30 gallon tank, so which is it? You also have a goldfish mixed in with tropical fish which won't work. At this point I suggest you go to AqAdvisor.com and check out its recommendations. You really need to do a little research and reading about the fish you are trying to keep together, but I think the bottom line is you are way over stocked without a lot of experience.

achase

Large Fish
Feb 1, 2010
British Columbia, Canada
What are the dimensions of your tank....that will give you the gallons (roughly).
I agree with Thyra that you tank is overstocked and mismatched. I suggestion doing some research and my guess is you will need to rehome some of your fish.

Hmong_Mua

Small Fish
Jul 16, 2011
i have a medium sized fish bowl i got from my friend a few years ago would that fit my gold fish? btw my gold fish is small and isn't gonna get any bigger it's as big as my rosey reds.

Feb 27, 2009
i have a medium sized fish bowl i got from my friend a few years ago would that fit my gold fish? btw my gold fish is small and isn't gonna get any bigger it's as big as my rosey reds.
Hmong_Mua, I would highly recommend that you do more research on fishkeeping. You have a lot of fish together that should not be together, and being kept in quarters too small.

To answer your question, no, a bowl is not a suitable place to put your gold fish. Depending on the type of goldfish, they can grow to from 6" up to 2feet in length. Keeping them in a bowl or any tank too small will stunt their growth and cause disease and premature death.

Last edited: