chiclids

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
You said your brother gave you the 3 black convicts - is that the same brother that you want to give the "goldfish"to? What did you finally do with the pink and black convicts? Do you have any filters or heaters, etc.? I think you all should get together and do some research on fishkeeping like OC suggested. You sound like you have several tanks and bowls - have you had other fish before?

Hmong_Mua

Small Fish
Jul 16, 2011
no i have 4 brothers and 1 baby sister
my oldest brother had a 60 gallon with an arrowna and flower horn but ended up selling all his fishes and won't let me use his tank. my second oldest has a betta my 3 olddest is the one who gave me the 3 black convicts and then me and my little brother who has never ever had a pet fish.
so my family has pretty muhc been around fishes for a while

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Can you "Google" something like "starting an aquarium" or go to a library or pet store and get a booklet on starting an aquarium. This could be very helpful for you to understand what some of us are trying to help you with, then you can still ask more questions.

Hmong_Mua

Small Fish
Jul 16, 2011
i currently have 3 diff books on breeding how to set up tank and just aquirium fish in general but its hard for me to redecorte everything and get necciserry thing because of money problems and circuts in my room

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
I think perhaps you are not ready to breed any fish yet. First you need to get all your fish and tanks sorted out and just exactly what equipment you have available. What did you do with the 4 convicts? Also I believe you said you were setting the tank on a dresser. Did you get it level before you filled it with water? Does it have anything else in it? - like sand or gravel?