cleaner shrimp

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
aresgod: do you own any books? all these answers are readily available too you in any SW book

than what the point of this forum?? answers for every ones questions can be found in books :mad:

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
a siphon. thats pretty much it and the point of these forums isnt to be your version of a book, it is to cover things that arent covered in the books and other sorts of stuff to come up, in my opinion you really should start over, dont buy anymore livestock and go and spend 100$ on a few decent books and you AND YOUR FISH will be much better off, but i doubt you will take any of this to heart since you really havent listned to anything else weve said

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
as mentioned, your tanks are really not suitable for inverts of any kind...and a general reference book on fish is good to have on hand for when you go shopping, it helps prevent poor impulse buys

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
The point is that by answering single point questions on a forum you will only get a single answer and not a get 'big picture' of what's going on. This might not seem a problem now, but it is for when something happens and you can't describe/understand partially of fully that's going on.

And frankly your answer is insulting to me. Your question is basically a stupid one that five minutes of you getting of your butt and doing some research would fix. I like to help people, but you have to show some input and respect for my time, which this clearly doesn't

something

Large Fish
Nov 8, 2004
southern CA
You really cant keep anything long-term as far as inverts are concerned (i cant keep anything in my dwarf puffer tank), puffers are really only meant for FOWLR tanks. If you want to waste some money and time, which seems to be the case, you can buy peppermint shrimp or banded coral shrimp. Im warning you now, they will not survive long (in fact, id be suprized if they lived long enough to reach the bottom of the tank).

seastaar88

Superstar Fish
Feb 1, 2004
middletown, CT
unfortunatly, you stocked your tanks with very messy fish hehe. siphoning once a week is about your only solution. be careful with your niger trigger. one at a client's tank chomped down on my thumb when i was cleaning the tank (my hand went into the tank not even an inch) and it HURT! yowzahz! lol.

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Brittle Star + Puffer = ???... Do you feel lucky! I know the Brittle Star wont. I had small green spotted puffers in my FW & BW tank and the two snails (about 4 times the puffers size) almost died from starvation. They never had a chance to come out of there shell, when they did "WAAMMO" there goes a chunk. The puffers stocked them and I'm not joking I sat and watched for a good hour on afternoon. I ended up giving the snails to my friend. Anyway anything I put in the tank, even other fish if they were not fast enough would end up with a chunk out of them or completly devowerd peice by peice.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
a got 2 blue leg hermit crabs over the weekend and they work great....within hours they had the whole bottom cleaned up...i also picked up a book as suggested and it was very helpful
btw wouldnt siphoning the bottom suck up all my sand??

Last edited: