cleaner shrimp

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
well i got the ones the man at the lfs recomended he said they were too big to fit in the puffers mouth and theyve been doin fine so far.....they did a great job cleaning up though....
and you say a gravel siphon wont pick up the sand???

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
jammerz said:
i have a blue jaw trigger that loves the cleaner shrimp!! make sure you feed the triggers while adding theshrimp to yer tank.
what size tank do you have?? and what other fish do you have in there with that blue jaw trigger???

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
I have an 80g FOWLR. 3 cleaner shrimp, blue jaw trigger, powder blue tang(R.I.P.-ich), a kole tang(R.I.P.-ich), engineer eel, a red spotted goby, a green corris wrasse, 4 green chromis, a sea urchin and crabs and snails and a couiple corals. The blue jaw is super cool hell spit at ya if the tank top is up. Its crazy he plays with the sea urchin. And pulls in "the cave" every little bit so the cleaner shrimp can get at em! Its my understanding that he is one of the more dosile triggers though....

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
well i did-- each animal is different though.....if you can add shrimp first or feed fish when adding shrimp. who knows about that pic maybe hes a nice porcupine, or a brave shrimp????

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
the cleaner is cleaning the puffer (that's why its called a cleaner shrimp)
TRe--feeding a trigger before adding a shrimp will not help--kiss that cleaner goodbye
tangs are usually safe w/ cleaners, as for puffers....hmm

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
dbacksrat said:
the cleaner is cleaning the puffer (that's why its called a cleaner shrimp)

duh... :rolleyes: jammerz has both tangs and triggers with cleaner shrimp and they are fine as is the puffer in the picture i posted... but for now i dont feel like wasting the $$ to experiment *SUPERSMIL
hey jammerz btw how long have you had that shrimp with the blue jaw trigger???

Last edited: