CLOWNFISH QUESTION ???

Nov 1, 2004
CO
Visit site
A few things to learn.....

I also was very curious about your questions. I have owned a livereef sales and service company for 5 years. My partner has been in the industry for 15years, and has developed practically failsafe methods based on Mother Nature, years of observation and experience and extensive reading of Julian Sprung, Martin Moe Jr., and all and any other live reef reading that we can get our hands on. Our aquariums have been very successful with only outside elements causing problems and crashes: contaminants, or power outages specifically. I am still learning from him.

What I'm getting at, and also what S. Reef meant, was that your comment, "a few things to learn about S.W." is a nearly laughable understatement. Freshwater can be learned and grasped in a matter of months, usually. With either type, you are prey to all of the bad information and bad products out there, but mainly, in learning the art of salt water or live-reef aquarium husbandry, you need a scientific mind, an understanding of electrical and plumbing issues and physics and then first and foremost, an understanding and love for the fish, corals and invertebrates as individuals and as symbiotic elements of an ecosystem. When you understand how they work together and how the components enhance the whole, THEN you can begin to scratch the surface of the live reef aquarium. First, buy a good hydrometer.

Jul 3, 2004
Visit site
hey ya'll (1979camaro, s.reef) whats going on? havent had time to post for a long time. just wanted to let you all know that my petstore is still open and Im doing great with it. I have a lot of saltwater in the store now and am helping alot of people getting there tanks going. Its alot of fun.

Jul 3, 2004
Visit site
MY PET STORE IS DOING GREAT!!!

hey ya'll (1979camaro, s.reef) whats going on? havent had time to post for a long time. just wanted to let you all know that my petstore is still open and Im doing great with it. I have a lot of saltwater in the store now and am helping alot of people getting there tanks going. Its alot of fun.

Jul 3, 2004
Visit site
Ok guys I have come back again. I havnt had time to post for sometime now but I have great news. I still have my store and I have just move It into a huge building on main street in my town and now have 8 people working for me. It is great!!! I now have a room just in saltwater and a room for my freshwater as well. Just wanted to say hey. Alot of times I get great deals on SW stuff so if you might need anything halla back at me. Laterz *SUPERSMIL

Nov 27, 2005
Shoot! Congrats on the store. I'd have taken it too even though my experiences are limited. Of course you have a lot of homework to do now. My lfs is owned and operated by one man. He had told me that he was planning to sell sw fish again but had changed his mind and expanded his fw livestock. He said it was more complicated to do the sw in his store and just kept that as a hobby. Yet his fw plants and fish are NICE. The best store around.

Have you considered selling fw fish, plants and accessories? In any case, I wish you much success and enjoyment. I'm personally glad that you are taking the time to educate yourself. You can learn a lot from other hobbyists, internet and books. I recommend buying some books to always have on hand.

And to everyone else, Do you think Walmart took the time to read up?

Last edited: