Condy Anemone

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I agree, even though a condilactus anemone is easier and hardier than a bta the chance that your clown will host it is about the same as the bta. The big difference is that condis have been know to eat clown fish and others.....there is no symbiotic relationship and the condi will become opportunistic to a free meal....so why chance it? No guarantees on the clown hosting the bta, mine don't even realize mine exists and they have been in the same tank for almost a year.....the clown hosts the candycane....the bta is a natural host to maroon clowns not ocellaris or perculas whose natural host is a carpet anemone....that can become huge, hard to keep and eat other fish.....

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Yeah, I know I misspelled it. Can you edit a thread title? Well, today I went back and they gave me full credit for it. I got a BTA who appears to be doing good. I really liked the condy because of the long wavy tenticles, but it's not worth loosing a fish over. Maybe when I get a bigger tank and more experience I'll try a different kind.

Last edited:

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
My clowns won't go near my bta.....I even tried a sebea and no go there either. I think I have tank raised clowns who have never seen another clown host an anemone...might have to do the picture taped to the side of the tank so they get the idea......