Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
took a couple of pics.....
left side

right side

full shot

mushroom eating a silverside..... small fish owners beware these mushrooms can eat fish

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Thanks, everything is going great, fingers crossed. The rock is entirely covered and is a deep purple colour which doesn't come through well in the pictures.....

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
I've had a Seio in my 29 for about two months now, with unscientific dosings of Kent Calcium, and the thing is darn well covered with pink coralline.
Enough of my bragging ;) , what are you using to cover those pumps with?

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
Joe Fish said:
So you have to physically cover them? Or will the get covered in time? What eats coraline algae?

yea at home depot theres a coraline spray paint :D, ahah j/p bro

coraline will form on its own but there are things you can do to bump up its growth (like dose calcium.) In my own experience I didnt find it neccessary because I had a lower light which created rampant growth, but additions such as calcium can also move it along

and a silverside is just a small minnow that can be feed to larger fish or some corals

Last edited:

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Those seios have been in there since Jan 1st when I set this up. I have them covered with plastic canvas that you use for crafts. The reason I did that is to protect my anemone in case it decides to roam. I didn't want it to get sucked into a powerhead as that is the #1 demise of anemones in reef tanks. It also protects the sea cucumber that is in there in case he gets anxious to get out also.

Kevin there are 5 pieces of marshall island rock in there....each weighs in at over 25lbs with the big one almost 40lbs.

Guppy....yeah I always seem to get my left & right mixed up......

I want to add 2 more fish...possibly a coral beauty (my pick) or a flame angel (my husbands pick) and I wanted a hippo tang.....but maybe couple small fairy wrasses.......any suggestions......

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Joe that is a small green hairy mushroom about the size of a halfdollar when expanded....who would have thought he could wrap himself around a minnow almost as big as he was.......I have heard of them eating fish and now I can see how.....

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
anemones should be stationary...when they get to a happy place they usually settle in and become relatively stationary, the problem is an unhappy anemone will most definitely move around until it finds a home it likes. Because of their lust for flow that often means they end up in a powerhead or overflow which leads to them getting shredded