Couple of updated pics

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
that is 5 pieces the biggest one is 40lbs and the smaller are about 25lbs each.

thanks for the compliments....it is encouraging.....

my anemone hasn't moved but hearing all the horror stories of shredded bodies I took the advice of someone who knows them really well and covered all my pump/powerhead inlets....I just cut a piece of plastic canvas and wrapped it around held together with zip ties.....works like a charm and they are the type of zip ties you can tighten or loosen which makes cleaning a breeze. they do need to be cleaned often though.....same as te sponge prefilter .....

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
when you clean your powerheads with the covers on does all the debris that get caught on it fall off when you turn the power off on the powerhead and eliminate the suction?

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Not really as most debris doesn't get stuck in them as opposed to it in.......I take the canvas off and scrub it every week or so.....there is coraline growing on the canvas now....Impossible to get off

Dec 21, 2005
st. louis area
nice pics lorna. Pretty creative to cover the seios.
mine gets blocked all the time with cheato from the fuge and other suff from the water column.
I actually had an anemone vs. powerhead about 6 months ago. It was aweful! I was on the phone as fast I could seeeking advice while I was dismantling the ph. It was a small bta but it never had a chance. It was pretty depressing.
I am still jealous of that candy cane lorna, don't forget about me when it gets too big for teh tank.