curious newbie

new_fry

Small Fish
Apr 2, 2009
Michigan
Thank you everyone for your input on my platies. We are still trying to figure out which way we are going to go about all of it but good news is, my Aunt said She would take some of the fry for her tank that she is setting up. That's if I ever get more than one fry. I still haven't seen anymore. I think my male is eatting them as they come out the way he "sticks" to the females. I did get some pics posted in the gallery here as well.
Thanks again and I will keep ya's posted and I will continue reading the forum.

Violet

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
Remember that when you buy females, they could already be pregnant. I usually wait until my fry about the size of neon or so before putting them the tank. As long as they don't fit in the mouths of the others, they should be fine. Or you can wait until they are the size of the smallest fish in your tank. And as for bloodworms, they are just red mosquito larvae. Good luck!

new_fry

Small Fish
Apr 2, 2009
Michigan
So far I haven't had anymore fry (that I know of). The white females (I can see the fry in their bellies) haven't had anymore fry. The male is still chasing the heck out of the other 2 red females so, I am going to take him out this weekend once I get another set up for him.
As of last night, the one fry I did have, died. He was almost 3 weeks old (close to it).
Thank you for the info again.