Finally got some fish

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
My tank is finally ready for marine life. Today I went out and got 2 margaritia snails, 2 left handed crabs, and 3 yellow tail damsels. Hopefully all goes well. The water is still slightly cloudy, but hopefully that won't effect the animals.

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
You're going to realize that the damsels are evil little buggers. If they don't kill each other, they will kill any other fish you add to that tank. The snails should be good, but the left handed crabs are questionable when around other inverts.

NEW2SW

Small Fish
Jun 25, 2006
i did notice that one of my blue damsels took out the other one, found him on the bottom of the tank, and did notice that one was picking on the other, so now 1 chromis and 1 blue damsel

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
LR is cured,
SG 1.024
PH 8.3, Acually my test kit reads either 8.0 or 8.4 and the color was between them. I need to get a test kit that breaks down a little more.
Temp: 78
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0

I tested with my tetra test kit weekly until the parameters where good. Am I missing something? Please let me know. I read may places that Damsels are good fish to get the tank going.

Last edited:

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I almost got the Chromis, they were the same price, maybe I will. Acutally, my LFS doesn't take back fish. The other LFS does which is about 30 minutes away. I usually go there, but wasn't in the area today. The damsels will be agressive towards other fish, like gobies and such?

My skimmer has been taking out some very think milk stuff lately so that will be good. Hopefully with the water changes it will get even better.

Jul 29, 2005
Sunny Cali & Rainy England
A trick I've found is to leave one of your nets in the water for an hour or two before you attempt to catch anything. That way the fish seem less cautious of it. Also, if it's not too much hassle to do so, you might wanna take out your rock while you catch them em. It'll make things infinitely easier.