Fish compatibility for a new tank

Dec 20, 2007
North Lousiana
I have a male and a female in one tank roark which I know is totally wrong but every time I try and remove one from the tank they both get totally stressed out and my massive black skirts start picking on the remaining one. So they stay together. My fish are freaks of nature I tell you.

As far as Tetra and Betta compatability I"ve never had a problem (except when I screwed up the pecking order of the tank) with them being picked on I HAVE had problems making sure the Bettas get their food though because the Tetras are super fast and aggressive. I wound up having to use two seperate feeding rings.
Do your bettas ever breed?

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
Nope! She gets her breeding stripes some times and he blows a bubble nest other times but they never seem to be in the mood at the same time :p And I expect the tetras would gobble up the eggs right away if they did. I thought about getting a tank just for them to see what would happen but I /hate/ seeing the beautiful bettas in little cups at pet stores and I couldn't bear to breed babies just to have them end up like that so no baby bettas for me.