fish dying/ test strips and a couple other questions

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
LOL..yea not trying to be arguemenative just trying to get to the bottom of the problem before its to late for the remainder of the fish, and the pleco is a beautiful specimen, cant remember the specific name of it but it is very good looking and I really dont want to lose it, and those bumblebee cats where my faves in that tank even though i seldom saw them out and about. Its just so frustrating that there is really no good way to know what is happening when all the variables seem to be right.

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
ok folks I treated with Melafix for the full 7 days, then with antifungal medication for 3 days...havent had any losses in about a week now i think. remaining count is 3 platys (2 of which where added as test fish), 5 young mollies, 1 pleco. Dont know what caused the problem but seems to be ok now. oh removed the one remaining Petco plant from th QT tank when the last death occured...seems to lead me to think the plant was giving somthing toxic off...but i dont know. Any way ll is better now it seems..will be hopefully moving them to my 20gal here i a week or so.