Fish Fleas?

Mar 11, 2003
Don't add medicine daily, only when you change the water. So the next time you change the water (probably Friday since you want to change it twice a week while medicating), add 2 drops of aquari-sol and a pinch of salt.

Then next week only add 1 drop of aquari-sol and a pinch of salt when you change the water. Once the velvet clears up, you can still add 1 drop aquari-sol as a preventative and you can go back to changing his water 1 time a week. Definately keep adding a pinch of salt during his water changes though. I hope that's a clear enough explanation.

Alexa

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Glad he seems to be doing better, keep us posted. Dont forget that too much salt will hurt him, and the only way salt ever comes out of the bowl is with water changes because it doesn't evaporate with the water...so I wouldn't add salt every time or not as much.

Mar 14, 2005
Vacaville, CA
www.gotpitbull.com
Well I am very happy to say that that Betta Boy is has been up and swimming since yesterday. He still is resting a little on the bottom every now and then but no way as much as before.

He is eating fine.

I have only dosed the bowl with 2 drops of Aquari-Sol and 2 grains of Aquarium Salt.

He will be getting a water change tomorrow along with 2 more drops of medication and 2 grains of Salt.

At this time the bottom of his fins are clamped. I am sure he is still sick, but he is also feeling good enough to swim most of the day.

At this point I do not feel there is a fear of death any more!!!!

Thank you all,
Amber