Fish Med's

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
the drain fitting is so you can attach a hose to it and run it to a secondary collection cup so you don't have to dump the skimmer as often.

your snails have probably decomposed already and the crabs will nibble on them. i wouldn't worry about pulling them out

i meant what all was in the medication you bought (trying to assess any long term problems it might cause)

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
oh, dude i mean...the water is starting to look not so purple and cloudy but the fish are breathing realy heavy and both are not eating.(still alive amazingly) I was thinking of throwing some carbin in my fluval to try and get as much medication out as I can. think that would be a good idea? as far as what is actually in the med. I will have to go look. I can put it on later 4 you.. I think the tank may be ok. ahhhh, whil my LR still be good? I dont realy think it can be killed or aything can it? thanx camaro

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
I put some in there< my dotty back has a ton of little white spots on it. I wish they would just die. or I had my stuff> i dont want to see them suffer or anything. I guess it is my fault though i did not move about it right...next time QT

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
sounds like ich now...live rock can definitely be killed. meds with copper will kill it for sure. if you give the ingredients of your meds we should at least be able to tell if there is anything which will be problematic for your LR in there

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
The bottle says....

for the MelaFix-contains:Melaleuca CAS#8008-98-8 1.0%

for the PimaFix-contains:pimenta racemosa CAS# 8006-78-8 1.0%

if you guys know what the heck that means?
that is all it said for what was in it. the carbin seems to be clearing it up a little. the med. says dont run with active carbin in your filter. What do you guys think? :confused:

Attachments

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
well the carbin seems to be working. one of the snails is moving? I thought they were all died. well I will just let the tank sit and hopefully the fish will not die. I do have one question, when I get my skimmer and powerheads going(get water in order) will the ich on the Dottyback go away? and the hole in the Angels fin(if they make it) well mucho gracia's amigos