fish sounds?

JinXgirl

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Scotland
Ok i;m beginning to think I am going nuts...

earlier I posted on the equipment board about a strange noise coming from my tank. tonight it started to drive me completely nuts so decided to try the process of elimination ... first I unpugged the heater, removed it from the tank and just to be really sure moved it to a different room. still this strange noise continued. unplugged the pump, took it out, took it apart and while i was cleaning out some of the scum from it the noise continued...from the tank... so all that leaves is the light which was switched off and unplugged... and the fish.
On the other message i described it as a kinda electrical fusing sorta noise... now all i can think of is that its like a dolphin... so am i going completely-stark-raving-bonkers... or do fish make sounds?

Tank contents are : 1 male betta ( my prime suspect)
5 harlequines
2 cats
2 sucking loaches
1 yoyo loach
2 guppies ( 1 male coward and 1 female hussy)
2 adult mollies 1 male 1 female
2 baby mollies yet to be sexed
1 dwarf african frog

As a final note, I can't blame the electrics in my house as I recently moved and it started in the other house...

HELP!!

JinXgirl

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Scotland
so maybe the Yoyo loach could too? he spends most of his life hiding under a rock. ... everything is unplugged so how can it be the electrics?? maybe I am going nuts.... don't think doctor dolittle ever spoke to fish did he..?? lol *celebrate

Leopardess

Superstar Fish
I'd be really willing to bet that it is the frog. When I was researching about adf's, I found that there is a very similar species that is sometimes sold/confused with the african dwarf frog. This frog, something like "the croaking frog" makes very high pitched humming noises....just like electricity. Try moving the frog to another room and see if it keeps happening.