Florida Keys vaction, underwater pictures

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
Hey guys,
So I just spent 10 days in the florida Keys and did lots of snorkeling and a little diving, and I had my underwater camera with me, also went to the Key west Aquarium and got some good pictures.
The people you see are myself, my good friend darby, and my girlfriend Sally,
enjoy the pictures.
Brahm

Me (left in the Blue) and Darby

Darby in the water

More Darby

underwater camera snorkeling found a giant golf ball about 200 yards off shore.

Underwater

more underwater

Cool cowfish I think, havent really identified everything I saw

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
I decided I was tarzan

Ok now we are in the aqaurium, this is a Jew fish/Goliath grouper....this guy was little, only about 300 lbs....

Cool stone fish

These tanks were cool, def not Atlantic/caribbean specific though

I saw a bigger french angel when I was out in the ocean....pics are latter on

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g221/aresgod1/IMG_2652.jpg[/IMG]OK, so these are underwater and at night in a lagoon, these bristle/fireworms are huge...a good 12-18" scary stuff
These next couple are of flame scallops....these are right on the edge of the lagoon.

this next one is a trumpet fish I think...it is that long streak in the distance...the flash kind of washed it out.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
ok, I got the other members of the crew to go snorkeling...they were scaredy cats.....

More underwater stuff

This guy was sooo cool, it is a conch easily 24-30" and was huge...probably between 80-100 years old

I turned him upside down so you could see the cool orange foot

Fishies

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
this guy was huge

French Angel

another

Me getting sunburned

Very cool stingrays....saw a bunch of different kinds...these guys are small, but the biggest one I saw was about the size of the upperbody of an adult man...

in this pic this guy was about a foot away from my toes

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site

big ole hermit crab...I found him off shore and brought him in to get pics....I brought him back to where I found him though.

Ok, thats it, there are some more of the aquarium on another camera but I will add those later, I hope everybody enjoys...and feel free to identify different fish etc....

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Great photo's!

I went to the Key's one year for Spring Break and that is just a place you can never forget. I can't wait to get to go back.

But my only question is where is the photo of the best place in the Keys:
Margaritaville!! (i know I spelled that wrong)

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
yea, it was a great time...and while I was diving I was reminded of something that all reefers really should practice....lots of water flow, it is amazing how turbulent it is out on the reefs during certain periods of the day...I was litterally being tossed around with dive equipment and flippers on, and all the creatures, corals, gorgonians, etc..were perfectly happy in those turbulent waters...which made me realize how little flow is actually in my tank.