-Free tank-(for me)

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
so yeah just click on the pic the stands are in the background of the bottom picture. Probably gonna just keep 1/2 of the tank and plug the tubes up.Also those tubes are where the tank originally were connected this thing had water and fish in it 2 days ago.

Luvi

Medium Fish
Feb 23, 2005
San Francisco, California
Lubbinloaches said:
Get rid of it man....that's a pool!! Go on e-bay and sell it to some sucker, then buy something you can afford to fill and maintain. Bigger isn't always better....at least that's what my girlfriend keeps telling me :eek:
ha ha ha ha... I didn't see your post right after this :p

You guys are funny, thanks for the laugh..

The tank is pretty dirty from what it shows in the pictures, I would say being able to keep a "clean" tank is more important than size.

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
yeah in case you missed the first part of the post i got it for FREE and i need to clean it out and remove some scratches. im not really trying to keep a "clean" tank when its in the driveway...

Anyway i think the idiot at the LFSwas way off on his gallons dimensions are 59x22x33(one part) and 24x23x33(second part)- it is L shaped- andthere is 2 sections of these dimensions, so i get a total of 528 gallons total volume.So if i keep only half the tank by my calculations i will have a 264 gallon tank. Dude must've been smoking tough when he told me 800-1000g, and i must've been smoking tougher when i believed him. Anyway im stoked its smaller.

Is my math right?

Now any ideas?

Fishfreak

Large Fish
Aug 3, 2004
NC
Visit site
Fishfreak said:
Upload the pictures to a site like wwwphotobucket.com
Woops a little to late.
My LFS has a 1000 gallon tank and it is fricking huge! I could use it as a pool. or go snorkling. No fish in it yet but they are going to start adding water soon.

Last edited:

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
I was lookin at the picture and was about to say that looks like a 400 gallon tank. Still pretty big. Whats with those two tubes stickin out of it.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Looking at those pieces it doesn't even look like half would be more than about 175 to 200 gallons to me, but it's hard to say.
On this size tank a 55 sump is possible, on a 1000 it's obviously no good. Also it means your circulation pumps become more usefully large.
What lighting did they give you?

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
They gave me one ballast with 8 T5's in it. I will def need more lights but i got the hook on that as well!!!

I will start today, gonna pressure wash the tank and sxtart removing some gnarly scratches. I found this stuff called novus anyone ever used it?

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
dude--clean this bad boy up and sell it
i know you are psyched you found a great deal, but it is going to be impossible to maintain a big tank unless you have a great job or rob a bank every other day
use the money to buy a bigger tank than the one you currently have fish in--and then you can buy all kinds of killer equipment and livestock

MrParker

Large Fish
Feb 16, 2005
So Cal
dbacksrat - not to be rude.....but you gotta read the posts man, he said he's a high roller, dough aint no thang hahah.

Haha no i think you should go for it, keep both halves. i like the tubes idea thats cool.