Frogspawn

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
hey guys does this look like its fully open?

or is it almost there?

heres the ricordea right after i took out the Blue LED.

looks pretty fat? natural???

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i moved mine around a few times ... the first time i saw it fully open was when i stuck it in the sand.... since then its actually begun to split :D when i first picked it up it was only the size of a golf ball and now its about the size of a baseball
heres a pic:

from the bottom looking up

Last edited:

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
thats really cool frogspawn whats the name?

mines a green-purple tip. it was a little worried because the tips arent that purple anymore...and its turning pale instead of green....

but after a few hours in the blue light it seems better...

Jul 24, 2007
Alabama
I'm new to the neighborhood....but i've been a reef addict for a while... I've found that feeding a variety of foods to my fish and corals makes for a happier tank.. I usually feed phytoplan, black powder (which i mixed together)marine snow, and I also use a product called cyclopeeze (which my corals freak over) unfortunately too much of that one can cause major red slime so u have to use caution.(which i know my tubistrea hates because it absolutely loves cyclopeeze) But i get such tremendous color and growth that I have to frag on a regular basis to keep overgrowth down. Most Euphyllia do well, even in lower light, if they have sufficient water flow and plenty of supplements.

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
yeah i hear a lot of things about cyclopeeze...

i'll probably get some for my ricordea.

oh just a update yesterday when i came home i found my frogspawn pretty sick...he was contracted and "saggly" he was losing his purple tip (it was turning pale) and the green was dying off...
i thought i was doomed...

but i rushed up to get my 26w PC and shinned it right over him...
in just minutes he began to inflate again.

i left it on for about 6 hours to make sure hes alright and then back to the moonlight for the night.

man i almost lost $12 =p

azfishgal

Large Fish
Dec 3, 2006
Arizona USA
ironicly this happened the day after i was feeding them. i bet u i overfed....
need do so like a 30%-50% water change...its been a while *SLEEPING*
How long is a while? Water changes are a must in reef tanks, IMO. Test your water, you might be surprised what you find. Also, my frogspawn did ok in medium/high flow and would open mostly (at least I thought). I moved him to lower flow and he opened up even more and now that I have MHs he's VERY happy. Here is some pics:

This is soon after I got him and was still trying to find his spot.

I finally found his spot! And he LOVES the MHs. (He is half way down my tank though, and not directly under the MHs.)

Oh, and I don't spot feed at all. I use PhytoPlex maybe twice a week and then Black Powder every two weeks.

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
wow im loving that coral line growth lol.

your almost looks like an anemone. cuz mine is a grape type so theres like 6 tips on one tentacle. which looks nice.

m frogspawn isnt liking the T8 lighting....i had to use the PC like everyday now....but it seems like my ricordea likes pretty much all lights.

azfishgal

Large Fish
Dec 3, 2006
Arizona USA
My frogspawn has more tips in the back actually and I have noticed it seems to be growing more tips. So we'll see what it looks like in a few months, but it's also a different kind than yours as there seems to be many.

Ya, I love my coraline. But since I've added my new MHs it's getting a little bleached, so I'm hoping in a few months it makes a come back.

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
wow my frogspawn is now fully open i'll post a pic when i get my camera back...

i just found out that theres like 3 or more heads. theres 2 big ones on the side and some small ones in between.

for people that have frogspawns do u see small heads on the side???
theres like over 5 on the sides,

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
i just did a 30% water change yesterday and the frogspawn is happy right now. since its fully extended. even under the 15w light...

u guys think i can retro fit the AGA 24" hood? im planning to just add 1 more strip.

the bulbs are pretty cheap...just need a place to find end caps and i bet i can find some transformers at HD. wal-mart didnt have it...

i just might make the hood out of acrylic. shouldnt cost me more then $20.
aiming for something like this.
the blue dots are the LED actinic light. its also going to be the moonlight.

theres going to be a PC fan on top.

Last edited: