Fry tank

bmoraski

Large Fish
Mar 9, 2009
Upstate NY
i made the mistake of setting up my fry tank without a little more research and once again i caused more work for myself. although in my defense i had to get a place for them fast ! lol
my mistake was putting gravel in it !
not only is it harder to clean but one of my little guys managed to bury himself
so i only have 14 fry instead of 15.
i took the tank down this morning, got rid of gravel and have a nice fake plant for them to hide.
im not kidding it was a pain in the arss, there fast little devils lol
just wanted to throw that out there, if you got a fry tank dont put gravel in ( even if its small gravel ) trust me ! lol
later

bmoraski

Large Fish
Mar 9, 2009
Upstate NY
Fry tank looks better
been sitting here looking at it for a few hours and and i love being able to see them all real good, unless hanging out in plant. ill post picture but both cameras are on field trip with kids today ! lol

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Another word to the wise...don't use a full size water siphon to do cleanings, you'll suck fry up! Use a piece of tube and turn that into a siphon to suck up waste.

bmoraski

Large Fish
Mar 9, 2009
Upstate NY
Thanks for the tips !
its funny because i was wondering "what am i gonna use to vacuum"
and i happen to have some hose from my old air stone. i havent tried yet but im sure it will work. and if not ill dig out the turkey baster i never use lol.