Glue - Live Rock

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
never heard of it...i did a yahoo search on it and it looks like it is for pvc...if that is the case it is probably pretty toxic stuff...i would reccomend staying away from it. They make a few products for gluing LR (AquaStik Epoxy and HoldFast Epoxy come to mind) and gel super glue is always an option. I prefer super glue, but depending on the weight/location you need to stick that bad boy it might not work. You could aslo try drilling a couple holes and inserting a peg to hold it in place and then fill the gaps in with epoxy...given a few months it will cover with coraline and you will never know the difference

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
first off, those are some nice zoos!

that stick looks pretty light...if that is where you want it to be I think using some gel superglue would be perfect. put a healthy glob in the two places it touches the LR and you should be gravy...the key is to get enough on there that it fills the gaps and such and then hold it tightly to the rock for a minute or so.

hope that helps...if you think it is too heavy for the super glue i would try the epoxy

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
ok ...when you say "superglue"...i don't really know what kind . I saw the aquasticks...and i called a lfs and they said they use non-toxic silicon...but i find it hard to believe.

Rhaaa i found Aiptasia between polyps. I have a seringe..now need lemon juice. Damn i don't want those !

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
yep...works great...here is the process i use:

get a small bowl and fill it with tank water. take the frag (or in this case your branch) out of the tank and put a glob of glue on the contact areas. dip the clue in the bowl...it will skim over and some film may float away. add a bit more glue, dip again. add a third blob of glue and dip again. now, take the branch to the tank and hold the piece to be glued in place...after about a minute the glue will have set up. it works really well for stuff that just needs tacked down. for larger jobs (like creating a large shelf or overhang) i use the epoxy stuff

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
i run my white 11 and my actinics 12 (half hour before and after whites)

happy to explain, and yah, as you figured, the gel is what ya need...always handy to have around, i keep it in my fish toolbox

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
Ok tomorrow i'm going to get some glue. My aquascaping kinda sucks right now since i removed all the rocks into some buckets to pull the little monsters ( yellowtail damsels ) out.

Man i just looked at my tank and wow the coraline is now growing so fast. I really hope it's coraline and not an horrible algae :p Well...it's pretty pink..sometimes purple and the base rock is beginning to be alive. Yeah.
My powerheads are a little encrusted too. Yeah again.

My Tang looks pale under his eyes...he worries too much ;) . He eats a lot he has a good belly..a week after his adoption.

See ya

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
well, i reckon if Drs F & S sell it it wouldn't be toxic....hopefully...hmm

the epoxy sticks take a far amount of jamming and cramming to do a good job...kind of a pain to work with. i am on a seemingly never ending quest to find something better, but as of yet ive got nothing. Wayne gets some stuff across the seas which sounds like it would be better but I have yet to find a dealer here (even though it is supposed to be available at craft stores)

as far as the pink, if its hard and flakey its the good stuff

Last edited: