Glue - Live Rock

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
i don't know...i followed the rules you gave me and the glue sticked to the branch...but not on the LR...it looked like play-do i and could remove it manually on the LR. Maybe the surface of the LR isn't super porous. I tried it on flat base rock and same results even tough i waited like 10 mn for the glue to stick. Might be a bad brand too.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
you can also try drilling holes in the rock, inserting a metal rod, and then attaching rocks via the metal rods hidden inside the rocks, fill in around the rods with the cement stuff, it works pretty well, you can really hang some rocks out there using this method

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
thats weird...ive never had that problem before...you could try putting a dab of glue on the LR as well and giving it a few minutes to being to cure and then smooshing the two together...sorry i let you down

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
I probably wouldnt put metal rods in a saltwater tank. By the way, has anyone had xperience with the epoxy sticks by Two Little Fishies. I'm interested in longevity of it.

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
Tnx to you all super fishes...but i should remind you that i'm a Teenie Weenie Fish :D and drilling pieces of tonga might make me crush those precious zoo' that are all over the stick.

I'll check the aquasticks.

BTW S.Reef you were right. I tried nori today with nothing else to eat when the tang was hungry...and he finally picked just little bits of it...couples of times.

First time he ate nori.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
awesome! glad he is going for the nori now!

i am confident you could drill the branch if it came down to it..and zoos are really tough to kill so if you maimed a couple it wouldn't be a problem (other than the emotional trauma is uppose ;))

i hope the epoxy works for ya...such it is with this hobby, you just have to fiddle around with stuff till you get what you want

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Super glue isn't that great for gluing big lumps of rock together - actually it is, but you'll need the rock out of the water and held in position for some time while glue truly dries out, else it can't handle forces so well.
Milliput is very good, so are the various epoxies. Both take time to cure, harden.
I can't imagine drilling metal rods in though plastic tubing works well, as do zipties. The best way to make aquascaping easy is just buy bigger bits of live rock.