Got a spawn!

mcshell

Large Fish
Jul 23, 2003
Vancouver BC Canada
Visit site
OMG. the fry got ick...
i did a 20% water change and added a bit of ick guard.

They are almost 9 weeks old now.
Biggy is now ~ 3.5 cm; she's (yes. she.) some kind of white-ish, with some blue on top, on tail and with blue fins.
The next biggest fry is ~ 3cm. He is a boy.

The avg size is 2.5 cm, while the tiny ones are still ~1.2 cm.

lol yeah, i dont come on mft much often no more, i only come during the wee hours, which is like right now, which is 2:50 AM on my clock :)

wow, cas' children are all great in description AND in the few pictures i see. i guess the mother of this spawn must be a carrier of the red gene, just that the cellophane showed instead :p

wow, i love it when the betta's heads are of a different color than that of their body, its so cool :)

ouchie about your ick problem.. i hope all your problems clear up, man, those diseases can really kill :( i hope all your fry and tank turn out for the best mon amie! best wishes, see you next time, which is i dont know when!

**edit**
im a bit surprised that you still remember me :) it makes me feel so much better that people actually remember me and not just a lurker ;)

mcshell

Large Fish
Jul 23, 2003
Vancouver BC Canada
Visit site
The fry are almost 11 weeks old now.
Biggy - the girl fry is no longer biggest. She's around 4 cm. I put her and 2 other bigger girls into the 55 gal community tank. They are adapting well!
Biggy now looks like she has a white body with blue fins and tails.

The ex-2nd-biggest fry, who's a boy, is now biggest. (due to his tail growth). He's named Bu Junior, and he's about 4.5 cm. I've put him in a betta display separator inside the 10 gal tank.
Bu jr's body is dark blue; his tail has blue inside and clear outside.

Pictures are coming!

oyg... he looks so darn good.. when i looked at the picture, i just stopped working and put my face up to the screen - LITERALLY!!! but im on a laptop, so it kept going forward (so did i, lol)

man, if you sold bettas, and i was close, i'd buy! but then again, i think id pester my parents until i COULD get one from you!!!

hope everyone in the spawn looks great and turns on great ;)

mcshell

Large Fish
Jul 23, 2003
Vancouver BC Canada
Visit site
Here are some other boys.

boy3 looks more more like a boy :) although still not 100% sure...

boy2 and boy4 look similar. Boy2 is given to a friend as her bday present, and is now named "Joey"

boy5 - not sure if he's really a boy yet... but he seems like so!
I've also given a boy similar to boy5 to another friend.

So far, I think I've identified 6? males and 6 females. The rest of them are still too small to tell :)

Attachments

Last edited: