GOT MY BETTA!!!!! PICS!!!

fishface

Large Fish
Jun 22, 2003
England - Sheffield
www.myfishtank.net
yes finally i got my betta! :D hes blue and red with beautiful red and blue fins i when to a fotty match yesterday (we won 1-0) and on the way home we stopped at 'pets at home' a pet shop and i saw this betta and had to have him its not quite my b-day yet (11th) but well near enough so heres my betta and his 3 gallon home tell me what you think!!!

p.s the tank has no heater or a light but it does have a filter i set the tank up 10 days before i got the fish and i was wonding a 3 gal does not a filter i have it set on the slowest currnet but mb it is a little strong 4 him? should i take it out or keep it in? thx

Attachments

Last edited:

fishface

Large Fish
Jun 22, 2003
England - Sheffield
www.myfishtank.net
and finally a pic of his 3 gal home :D i have satues and stuff and fake plants no live ones i have tried a backing blue and black but they do not look good u cant see the betta with a backing on so i havent put 1 on so what do u think overall? betta tank etc and dont 4get to go back to the first post and try 2 answer some questions thx a lot tell me wot u think!!!

Attachments

Sep 15, 2003
Ontario Canada
Visit site
Awesome tank fishface, what a nice home for your Betta!! No wonder he his flaring his stuff, he is certainly a happy camper!
I would keep no backing on your tank because it looks fine that way.
I have a plastic partition with little holes in it n my 5.5 gl tank and I have the betta on the oposite side of where the filter is. I am not sure if I am going to keep it this way, but I figure that he doesn't get any current with the partition. (I had a gold fish on the filter side and he died:confused: )
I am trying to figure out if I should another fish for the other side of the partition or maybe a female betta, but I haven't decided what is best yet.
Thanks for sharing your pictures with us,

take it easy!!
from dominique

Last edited:

fishface

Large Fish
Jun 22, 2003
England - Sheffield
www.myfishtank.net
lol thanks a lot guys! :D the only reason i got mine is because of my birthday lol my dad wasnt keen on 1 fish tank never mine 3! keep nagging him he will come around ;)

a female sound good blind how about another male? or take it down and let the male have the 5.5 g all to himself? im sure he would be happy with that! ;)

thanks again for the positive feedback1 :D

Sep 15, 2003
Ontario Canada
Visit site
yes, I will probably take the partition out, it's just that I only bought it and installed it a week ago so I was hoping to use it yet. then again, I'm sure my dude would like to have the whole tank to himself.

You know, I can't understand why everyone is putting bettas in these tiny homes, and little cups in the pet store, because they sure seem to enjoy swimming around like crazy when the have the space to do so. I was thinking of getting a female and trying a breeding experiment, but after some research, I think that it would be a very big project because you'd have to separate all the males, and there seem to be enough bettas out there already!

Cheerio!

fishface

Large Fish
Jun 22, 2003
England - Sheffield
www.myfishtank.net
lol yeah im totally with u on the jars and cups in pet sotres and even people at home with cups or wine glasses in which they keep bettas its not right u should treat a betta just like any other fish with a big tank and fliter etc just as u would with any fish not a 'gloryfied glodfish' as some ppl seem to think thats what beetas are. good job on the 5.5 4 him sounds good!

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Congratulations on finally getting your betta. :D He actually looks a lot like mine :) Mine has a more purple body, but the fins are almost the same color as yours.

It looks like a nice home for him, just make sure none of the leaves are sharp, as he might damage himself. I would keep the filter in there, but maybe you can work out something to reduce the flow with a sponge or something. Just make sure he stays in a warm place in the house (maybe near a radiator) so he doesn't get cold :)

eykis9

Large Fish
Jul 24, 2003
O'FALLON, IL
i can't answer your questions because i really have no knowledge about bettas... But just wanted say your tank looks fantastic and you picked a gorgeous betta!

good luck!

fishface

Large Fish
Jun 22, 2003
England - Sheffield
www.myfishtank.net
wow thx a lot eykis9 and lotus we must just have very good taste in bettas ;)

yeah no shape leaves and i think i could cut the sponge down a little to reduce flow but its pretty stable as it is as i have it on the slowest setting and i think he is ok with the temp :D

say any1 though of a name yet?

fishface

Large Fish
Jun 22, 2003
England - Sheffield
www.myfishtank.net
SAY HES HAVING A LITTLE TRUBLE EATING AND IM A LITTLE WORRIED sorry about that < anyway when i put flake in he getts it in his mouth then seems to spit it back out i have tried freeze dired blood worn aswell the same thing. any1 had a problem like this? what should i do? i have some sinking tables should i try them?

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I've never seen my betta eat anything on the gravel. I feed mine betta bites, which are little floating pellets that look like ground coffee. They seem to like to eat things that float. Mine also gets frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp sometimes... he loves them. :)