Gourami Compatability

tessalion

Large Fish
Jun 4, 2006
PA
i have one that looks almost the exact same, i was told it was a dwarf neon though...but anyways, mine is definitely passive. He even got along with my betta (who was equally super passive)

Toggil

Large Fish
Jun 10, 2006
Endicott NY
It was labeled as a neon dwarf coral gourami. The other is a female she has been really shy so far, but he seems to be enjoying the new tank, yeah it's a 55. If anything my molly's were being more agressive than the gourami, when I put him in he went right to their corner and I don't think they liked that lol.

Lorazoo

Medium Fish
Jun 18, 2006
TheFighterFish said:
Sorry,

you guys are right. That's the neon dwarf. Although, the powder blue looks really similar. They're either the same species or belonging to the same familiy.
They are all the same species. They are all Dwarf gouramis. The different names are just color variations.

fishbrain

Large Fish
Oct 2, 2003
Central NY, USA
www.geocities.com
All kinds of examples in this thread how "Common names" get confusing.... I've seen a store call their brightest male rosy barbs "fire barbs" while in a tank next to it the duller colored ones (mostly females & juvies) labeled "rosey barbs". Stores embellish names to make them sound more appealing &/or different from each other.

(another example: 2 tanks both with the same fish; 1 labeled hexazona barbs [is this a true name? *shrug* I call my 4 hexazona], the other pentazona. And another time; 1 tank with both hexazona & octazona [8 black strips opposed to 6] but labeled & sold as only as hexazona)...... sorry for rambling...... I love your dwarf gouramis; you're truly are lucky to find females (of any of the color morphs).