great deal on power compacts

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
just thought i should let you know www.aquatraders.com is now selling oddysea power compacts, 48" 260 watt with built in fans, reflectors, internal electronic ballasts and acrylic lens with an aluminum housing for a total of about 120$ U.S. including shipping, i ordered 2 so when i get them i will let everyone know what there like, if any one is interested in ordering them you have to call their 1-800 # seeing as they havent updated their site yet.
Brahm

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
wow...good price! too bad i dont need any lights...although..... ;)

interesting, i looked at their website...shows it as a 220w fixture for $89...an even better price...im wondering if that is what you mean that it isnt updated...and now i see that $120 included shipping...wonder if i could fit that on the tank with the other lights.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

when you get the fixture can you tell me if it has legs, and if so how high off the tank it sits...and maybe also the dimensions od the fixture...thanks bud :)

Last edited:

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I looked at their T5. It looksl ike it doesn't have a parabolic reflector so it will no brighter than a regular fluor tube. The PC's look a decent deal though

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
they do not have the pc's that i am ordering on thier website yet, they havent updated it yet, but they are available via thier catalog ad in aquarium fish magazine, camaro they do have legs, they are an extra 6.00$ but that was included in the 120.00 original price and these are the odysea PC's and they are 260 watts for the 48" one they also have a 130 watt 48" strip as well
hope this helps
Brahm

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
you ordered the 48" odysea power compacts? I was told they still weren't available, so i am assuming you ordered the Jebo power compacts, which dont have built in fans or have legs, correct me if i am wrong
Brahm

ecotank

Superstar Fish
Aug 30, 2003
Palm Springs, Ca
home.earthlink.net
No, I had originally ordered the Jebo CF's (got all excited about this post and didn't pay attention) Then I called them and asked to be switched to the Odysea lights. I was told it would be some wait (and it has been over a month), but I guess I got sent the first one (since I had already paid for the Jebo unit, I just sent them the difference) It's 260w with legs, moonlight, etc. I guess I'll know for sure what I got when it shows up at my door, but I can't really complain as long as it's 48" long with 260w and has the legs and moonlight.

ecotank

Superstar Fish
Aug 30, 2003
Palm Springs, Ca
home.earthlink.net
Ok got the new lights, they are the Odyssea 48" hood with legs, moonlights, fans and 260 watts :) The lights are on our 55g freshwater tank, which is going to be our first salt water project...hence the new lights :D

and yes we know the tank needs a trimming, we are letting stuff grow out for use at the Nov auction of the Desert Fish Club.