hand me down salt set up

eric h

Small Fish
May 26, 2006
I started my first saltwater tank and so far I love it. it has been up and running for about 3 months now and everything looks great. its a 65 gallon hex, which isnt the best choice but the tank was free so i couldnt pass it up.
as far as all the equipment goes im not really sure what i have, to tell you the truth its all hand me down stuff. i have two power heads that work great a huge hob filter that i had to mod. the tank to fit, 65 pounds of fiji rock, 40 pounds of florida crushed coral. the guy also gave me some fish after my water was ready to go so i added 2 clarki clowns first, then a coral beauty that is doing very well.

santa is on his way with a protien skimmer and some new lighting. i have some nice pictures but for some reason i cant upload them to photobucket. is that the site people use here, or should i try somthing else. any suggestions are welcome.

eric h

Small Fish
May 26, 2006
i click browse and get the pictures i want than click upload and nothing happens. where it shows you the progress it just stays at zero.

eric h

Small Fish
May 26, 2006
i made a new acct. with photo bucket but now im not sure how to post pics on this website. but i am able to upload so im getting closer

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
You can click on the "buletin boards and forums" link next to the image in photobucket, then paste it into your message, so you get the image embedded in the post.

Looks nice, but I hope that rockwork is stable. The last thing you want is a rockslide killing your fish or breaking your tank.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
looks like a good starter tank.... if you plan on eventually getting an anemone for those clowns your guna need a pretty stong light to penetrate that deep of a tank but nothing MH cant handle ;)

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
The tank does look good though. Can't beat it for free. Hex tanks always seem to look kind awkward to me for some reason but yours looks pretty nice.

Hopefully you got the pictures worked out now. If your using photobucket it will have links under the pic and the 3rd one should have img stuff around it or if you just get the link for the picture when your posting there is a picture of a mountain at the top, just click that and paste your link in there and it will post the picture for you.

eric h

Small Fish
May 26, 2006
alter, thats how i have posted in the past on other sites but its not working on this one. i click the moutian thingy and paste and it shows up in the box but when i push OK nothing happens

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Well if that doesn't work you can try what TRe has mentioned or in photoshack you can copy the 3rd link under the picture and it should have the correct code around your photo for you to paste it directly into the forum.

eric h

Small Fish
May 26, 2006
i got my bak-pak skimmer today at the lfs. it fit my budget. and im looking into some better lighting that i may pick up later in the week.

eric h

Small Fish
May 26, 2006
i just picked up a new skimmer cause the one i just bought sprung a leak. also i got a coralife lunar aqualight 2 x 65 watt. it looks so much brighter and the led moonlights are going to look great. its not MH but i couldnt afford them and this fit my budget.