Happiness is....

Feb 27, 2009
Couldn't resist giving my dog his Christmas present early.

He says 'Happiness is...a rawhide bone more than half my body length!'

Feel free to share what makes YOU happy.

FishDad

Superstar Fish
Mar 4, 2012
Cleveland
... a sleeping child, a quiet dog, a clean fish tank, a full belly, a warm fire, a fragrant Christmas tree, a leather arm chair, a craft stout, and a lit cigar....

...in that order.

I had to stop or it would have gotten... well never mind. This is a good thread OC.

Feb 27, 2009
You would not like my house, Newman. People that live behind me (we share a fence between our backyards) have 25-30 small yippy dogs. Somehow, they get away with it (the limit is 5 in the city limits per residential lot), despite neighbors complaining about the noise for years. They leave 5 outside ALL the time, and put all the others out several times a day. They bark non-stop when they are all out together for an hour several times a day.

This is a rental house, so not much I can do.

I am so glad we're buying a house. Closing should be within 30 days now. Nothing behind us but 'greenbelt' that can't be built on! WOOT!!

Feb 27, 2009
I feel sorry for the dogs actually. The city's animal control has been there so many times (in the 16 months I've lived here) its crazy. They've even contacted us for information about how many and the condition of their health. Seems every time they get a notice to check on the animals' condition, most of the dogs somehow 'disappear' before the visit.

On to another happy thought...

My neighbor has a betta tank (10 gallons) and thought her betta would eat the snails she put in the tank (common pond snails). They have multiplied quite a bit and when I told her Ms. Puff Puff would love them, she brought over about 20. Puffer is happily hunting them in the 20long she shares with some neons and otos.

"Happiness is...more snails than I can even COUNT! YUMMMM~~!!!"

Feb 27, 2009
Ms. Puff Puff is very sociable. Most say you need to keep dwarf puffers alone or with perhaps otos. I've always had good luck keeping them with lots of different fish, even those with long flowing fins. If they are well fed, they leave other fish alone, in my experience. And plenty of snails are easy to breed with a snail cage.

FishDad

Superstar Fish
Mar 4, 2012
Cleveland
I'm glad you brought that up, OC. I've read that puffers will nip at coral and inverts but, as with everything in this hobby some people beg to differ. They claim that if well fed puffers can be reef safe. I'm tempted to try it, but Newman won't let me get any more fish.