Help urgent

ryanoh

Large Fish
Mar 22, 2010
I'm pretty sure that with most problems in the aquarium, it couldn't hurt, so do it.

What's your readings for everything else and how often do you do water changes? It seems like you have something going on with your parameters.

Aug 16, 2009
SW Pennsylvania
Is your tank cycled?
What are your specific readings for ammonia, nitrate and nitrite? We cannot help you until you give us your readings. Also, your tank is overstocked with the common pleco. Plecos need a minimum of 75 gallons, as they grow 20 inches or bigger, if I remember correctly.
If your fish are gasping for oxygen, a CO2 bubbler will make things worse. CO2 is only for planted tanks with higher maintenance plants.

ryanoh

Large Fish
Mar 22, 2010
The mention of a CO2 or O2 bubbler was because you need to get more oxygen into the water if your fish can't breath, and the way to do this is to use bubbles to break the surface of the water.

I hate to mention it again, but you really need to test for ammonia nitrate and nitrite before you worry if you're aerating your tank enough.

aakaakaak

Superstar Fish
Sep 9, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
I was just covering all the bases. I know freash has had his tank for at least long enough to cycle it for his guppies, but I was more concerned with him doing a mini-cycle with his fish change, or him adding something strange.

Yes, PARAMETERSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! water test.

lstorns

Medium Fish
Aug 8, 2010
If the fish that always fights and loses is the only one gasping or breathing rapidly it might be because its stressed and needs to be seperated from the rest of the fish. Ive seen that before. Is he the only one ?

Aug 16, 2009
SW Pennsylvania
Please post the exact parameters for ammonia, nitrate and nitrite when you buy a liquid test kit. He likely died of questionable water parameters. You should be testing every week. Also, it is not recommended to have your water tested at the store, but if you do, ask for THE EXACT readings from the employee and write them down.