HELP! WAY over-fed.

Feb 28, 2008
Hah! I know, when I was at the pet store, the guy was stressing out. He was saying "You need a fish tank! The fish bowl can kill them!"
But they're not my fish :eek:
I'll pass that along to my friend, though, that she should get a real tank.

I didn't want fish until I wasn't allowed a cat...:(. I thought fish were pretty dumb and they were until I started breeding (or trying at least) the cories. It's really addicting. I started with a used 20g. Then I added the 5g cuz I had swordtail fry (now all dead) and recently got the 6.6g. Mom says that if I keep getting more, I'll have to take them to college with me. Haha, yeah right, or I'll just come down every other week to clean. Yeah, give it a try, or at least hang out here a bit.

crowfish

Small Fish
Feb 4, 2008
all you can do is hope the fish survive over feeding fish is just something that can kill fish they dont know when to stop eating. you need to go to the pet store and find a gold fish that looks just like your freinds lol.

Whiskers

Large Fish
Feb 29, 2008
central Michigan USA
I'm so happy for you fishsitter. I've lost a lot of fish when I got started with my own tank. For you to be able to save your friends fish like you did, you should really consider getting yourself your own tank. I think you will do well. Of coures with these great people on this site you've got friends.*thumbsups

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
Fishsitter...welcome to the tank.

Congrats on saving the goldfish, inform your friend that the usual recommendation on here is 20g for 1 goldfish and 10g for each additional..so 2goldfish need atleast 30g.

As Kissy said this hobby is very addictive. I thought it would be a bit cheaper than some of my other hobbies..i was wrong..lol