help with lion fish food

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Mollies breed pretty fast, and you can spend the time till then waving bits of shrimp around. Give guppies or cons a miss, unless you want your lion to die of a heart attack quite quickly

fonzie

Medium Fish
Dec 7, 2003
Visit site
Could you tell me where they sell the fun feeders such as in a store or websites since I've been looking all over for them but haven't found any.Also could you tell me of a website that sells live feeder food good for lionfish.I've tried feeding him peaces of saltwater catfish but he doesn't eat it and I've also tried krill but he doesn't eat it either.I'll try to breed some mollies but I probably won't buy any for a long time since I'm kinda short on money to go out and buy them an aquarium just for breeding them.

fonzie

Medium Fish
Dec 7, 2003
Visit site
Well,since my lionfish now recognizes me as it's feeder,it knows I'm going to feed it when I take out the little green net to give it a goldfish.Get the piece of dead fish and cut it out to around the size of the feeder fish your feeding it and use a needle to put a string through one end of the fish piece,hold the green net over the fish tank and he should come up if he knows your his feeder,now hold the fish piece by the string and let the lionfish have his mouth near the top of the water so he won't have time to know if it's a feeder fish or not by the time he eats it and drop the fish piece extremely near his mouth and he should eat it and now just pull the string out(If you use tongs or some other big thing he'll know it's not a live fish,I use string since he can't really see it that well).By the way,hold each end of the string between two fingers so you can let one end go and hold on to the other so you won't drop the string piece in the tank and so your lionfish won't eat the string also.

fonzie

Medium Fish
Dec 7, 2003
Visit site
My lionfish doesn't eat dead fish anymore so I don't know what else to do until I set up a mollie breeder tank which probably won't be until a month from now.Can anyone PLEASE tell me where to buy the fun feeders online since my lfs doesn't carry them and the ocean nutrition website doesn't sell any of its products.

fonzie

Medium Fish
Dec 7, 2003
Visit site
I bought some of ocean nutritions silversides and their feeding frenzy clear stick and that seemed to have done the trick,only I don't use it how they say to.I try to put the head of the silverdollar into the little area of his mouth that he always keeps open and eventually after a minute or 2 he opens his mouth and I just try to wiggle the silverdollar of the stick or brush it along the inside of his mouth until it gets loose and take the stick out and he eats the silverdollar.