Help with water condition PLEAES!!!!!!!!!

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I've never heard of it helping the cycle...might as well just leave it alone :)

Some people use salt medicinally in freshwater tanks...but its kind of up in the air whether it does much of anything or not.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Hmm depends on the fish...some of them get fed once a day...some get fed every two days, most of them get fed every other day or like a few days in a row and then skip one.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Yeah...usually they dont need more than once a day with the exception of Fry...or maybe fish that are sick and you're keeping a close eye on them or something and feeding them tiny bits at a time all day long.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Dont fret...just keep it steady :) The patience will be worth the outcome.

Not sure why you got a little ammonia spike though...You haven't been rinsing your filter in tap water or changed the filter pad right?

R0UNDEYEZ

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2004
Hey Chinxican, I read earlier in the thread you were using a water filter, have you checked the water straight out of the filter for nitrites? I used to use a Pur filter for the water in my tank when I first set it up and came to find out the little bit of nitrites I couldn't get rid of were present in the water straight out of the filter..When I checked the normal tap water it was clear of any Nitrites.

Just a thought ..

Aug 26, 2005
So Cal
Froggy - I'm never giving up *thumbsups

Roundeyez - I stoped using the filter and now using tap. Someone told me not to use the filter. But I'll check both... BTW, cool website *thumbsups

Thanks...