HELP!

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
homebunnyj said:
You can get a gallon of spring water at the grocery for 59 to 79 cents.
really? is that at one of those fill it yourself things? And get the natural spring water, not the distilled, right?

So, is RO water good for other fish, just not bettas?

Ninamarie, can i get the betta bowl buddy tabs at a place like petco or petsmart?

When the guy at the pet store told me to treat my tank every third day, does that mean, i treated it tuesday so treat it thursday, or treat it friday, im guessing friday, that makes more sense to me, but i just wanted to check...:eek:

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
awesome! thanks!

Ok, so, im leaving for spring break tomorrow (thursday) afternoon (around 3:30). I think the Flounder boy will be stable enough for the trip. I'm going to put him in his store cup for the drive, and he will be stabilized in the car. And I'm going to keep his tank the way it is, water and everything (ill put it in a box or something with towels and such around it) and take that with me too.

And while I'm home, I'll go to the pet store in arlington with my parents and get the betta bowl tabs and such there :) (using their money ;) WHOOP! for parents!). Is there anything else you guys think I should get for my tank while I'm home and not using my money :D ?

So far my list contains: Betta Bowl Buddy Tabs, more carbon filter replacements, some natural spring water (from the grocery store - just treat it with Stresszyme, right?), and I think that's it....let me know if I should add anything else to the list! I took some more pictures of my little boy today, so yall can see how much better he is looking *BOUNCINGS

This is Flounder now: http://photobucket.com/albums/b41/aggiev09/Flounder/

This is Flounder before:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b41/aggiev09/Spring06/

Thanks again!!

Last edited:

homebunnyj

Superstar Fish
Jul 13, 2005
Western NC
Naw, pigs_fly, just in gallon jugs like milk jugs, usually in the beverage section, sometimes elsewhere. Low-tech, cheap, easy, not fancy at all. Spring water is good, drinking water is okay too, just not distilled.

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
THanks ninamarie, that lets me know that i was planning everyhting right :) woohoo! i would love to leave him here with someone, but the dorms will be closed...so that causes a problem there...

thanks homebunnyj, ill look into that at home, maybe its cheaper up there, cause here its like 2.50 for a gallon of store barnd spring water...how gross?!

Well, thank you all for your help, i will be hitting the road soon, but no worries, i have internet at home too, so i will continue to keep you all posted throughout the week :)

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
WE MADE IT!!! all in one piece, minimal stress, had he had a little bedtime snack, and i think he will be fine! i will do the second clout treatment tomorrow morning. and ill hopefully get to the store and such soemtime tomorrow too, who knows, i might even be able to get him a new plant or something!! I'll keep you posted. for now, goodnight!

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
Well everyone, Flounder is doing rather superbly, I must say. We did the second Clout treatment yesterday, picked up some Betta Bowl Buddies, some new filters, and we also got a new plant!!! yay! no more plastic!

I'm debating on whether or not to wait to put in the new plant till after he is all fluke free or not....let me know what you think

Oh! He made his third bubble nest this morning!!! it was a cute little one this time, but still, he made one none-the-less!

Ninamarie, will i still need to treat the spring water with stresszyme, if I am usign the Betta Bowl Buddies tabs? I'm doing his weekly water change tomorrow, as usual.

Countless thanks to everyone who has helped me get through all of this. *SUNSMILE*