how could i frag corals?

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
That stuff grows like weeds... are you sure you want to frag it?

The easiest things to do is just either :

1) brake a small chunch of rock off and place it in another spot in your tank with the edge of the colony touching up against the new rock. It will soon spread onto the new LR

2) Basically the same as above but instead of braking a piece off, put a small chunck of LR touching up against edge of the polyp colony and it will soon spread onto the new LR and you can then move the new frag to another location in your tank aftarwards by just braking it off.

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
ok i'm going to try and put a peice of LR and put it beside my GSP and maybe tomorrow try ether gluing it to the rock or a way i found on the web just laying it on the rock and raping some fishing line around it but i'm not sure how safe that is

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
you know my gsp are constantly growing up the stalk of my toadstool so I just peel it back and cut it off.....then wrap the piece around a small piece of rubble and put a rubber band around it...presto...new piece of gsp.....this stuff spreads like wildfire....

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
ok then :D i might be going to the pet store so i'm going to see if they have anything like glue and stuff i'm going to try and see what way works best glue or rock also i seen this one way to frag corals using tooth picks wouldn't this hurt them by having a tooth pick in there side?