but i want to grow these to 100
how can i do this
how much time will it take?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
I recall they liked medium to low flow. I started with 30, got like 400 in a year under 150w hqi 10000K, 6 inches under the waterline. Never fed them, sometimes they grabbed detritus, leftover food, but they relied on photosynthesis. To propagate them, i used pliers to cut a piece of the live rock with some polyps attached on it...then put them on other big rocks in many places in the tank and they grew quickly. It's a hardy coral. Looking at the pic, they look ok, they're not turning white or have cotton-like cover. Since when you got them ?

CRACKERMAN

Medium Fish
Mar 30, 2009
new polyps pic update

10 out of 50 are opening preety good
10 died off
for those 30 i am still waiting
now i have fixed a place for them becouse my big crab was eating them so it was a difficult time to hide those behind rocks and also let the new light fixture to put some light on them so they open quicly and become healthy

CRACKERMAN

Medium Fish
Mar 30, 2009
yeah algae but not bacteria
they are being covered by green/brown algae and something is being sheding evry day
also adding
they are placed at top just 2 inches from the water level
so algae growth is normal as my nitrate level are very high
anyways i wanted to ask what is the relation with my polyps and what you said
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No they aren't. They're being smothered by algaes and it looks like you have cyanobacteria.
Anyways, if u listened about the filtration and the overcrowding...
Over and out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
filtration ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

CRACKERMAN

Medium Fish
Mar 30, 2009
in first picture you will see the most opened only
second picture shows the hole zoa's
in last picture there were only 25 seen bright yellow
now only 40 are nearly opened and few grabbing ground as my crab nearly spiked them out of the rock
now they are kept at a one place with less movement in water
withing a week there position will be cleared and there picture will be upright
they will die or grow
i need advice on that

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
yep i already told him, but hey he might think it's good because it's colorful ;)
Crackerman, use a turkey baster to gently spray out the cyanobacteria ( because it is! )
off the yellow polyps. On you question if it will live or die ? Die, probably, if your params stay like this...and by the way, opened yellow polyps look like this :

unlike yours, which look like small balls