hurricane fay!

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
tropical storm fay!

ok so im starting to get a little worried since theres a hurricane on the way considering the $5-6000 thousand ive got invested in my tank *SICK* not to mention the 300g tank ive got sitting on my back porch! ive got a generator but dont really have the $ to keep it going with these gas prices! *ALL* just venting

Last edited:

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
keep our fingers crossed, hopefully you'll get nothng more than some fierce thunderstorms. Good thing you have that generator it may come in handy.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
it looks like tampa is guna get it wose than me.... one thing ive learned living in fl is that it could all change in a min so im guna play it by ear and just hope its not too bad :/

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
well maybe they have gone down in FL but here in the midwest they went down a few cents then right back up when Fay threatened and haven't budged but I suppose they will just go up more with Gustav.

Tre, you may dodge another bullet......You may be in a great place to get great scoops on livestock but you are also living on the edge every summer with hurricane threats. You've been through them before with your tanks haven't you?

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
yea ive definitly been through them before! usually isnt a big deal though just like the last one heavy rain and a little wind.... the house i was renting before i bought the house im in now the power almost always went out during the storms but ive been lucky so far here in the new house (knock on wood) but than again we havnt been hit by a real storm .... it also sucks this time of the year since i work construction and it always rains at least one or two days a week so i loose alot of pay! ive been in s.fl since '96 and so far the only real huricane we got hit by was wilma back in '05 now that was a real PITA to say the least! 2 full weeks with no power! and it wasnt just me there was hundreds of thousands of us! that ment no power at the gas stations/grocery stores which ment no gas and no ice not evn beer :p, the stop lights that wer still in tact wernt lit up and 2/3 of them blew off completly! it was definitly an experiance seeing as how at that time i had my 125g,55g,30g,20g,and 10g all setup but luckily with an exception of the 10g they were all FOWLR so i bought a bunch of the battery powered air pumps for each tank and aside from 1 yellow tang everything survived... but ill risk it all just to have the selection/prices i have down here! :p

Last edited:

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
time to invest in a generator..... :) My husband keeps telling me to go and buy one just in case.....we have lost power here due to storms etc but only for about 5-6 hours. Even then I have a minor heart attack. I now have the battery operated air pumps which will keep some things alive but not over the long run. I think a generator is the answer.