hurricane fay!

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
a generator is the answer and i do have one but with these gas prices who can afford to run them? not me that for sure :p the battery powered air pumps kept my fish alive for 2 weeks like i said before so no worries about them but my corals thats a whole nother story! i dont even wanna start to add up all the $ i have invested in corals alone! if it came down to it id definitly be running my generator but not all day... more like a few hours a day ;)

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
Ike was just upgraded to a Cat 4, and really the only land for it to pass over and weaken is the US :(

Better start preparing for it, stock up on supplies. You might want to fill up a garbage can or two with RO water just in case you lose power. That way you can at least change some of the water.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
my main concern is my 300g tank thats sitting on the back porch right now! that will prolly be my project for the weekend trying to get some help to move this thing :p the wife already snt too happy about this 10' stand chillin in the livingroom right when u walk in the front door, now thers guna be this huge tank sitting in the kitchen too lol

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Ahhh Tre, "the wife" tsk tsk.....just kidding...

I think I would seriously consider the generator. You have way too much invested to lose it now. Ike looks like a serious threat hopefully you will dodge the bullet again...... how many lives does that cat have left?

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
you know you will have dodged many a bullet this hurricane season...... Someone is obviously wanting you to get that 300g done....it is preordained.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
lol but hurricane season is far from over! wilma didnt hit till the end of october.... i wish i wasnt so poor ATM cause this tank would be up n running by now, slowly but surley

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
thanks MO lookng like it's going to hit a bit north of me now and only hit us with 40mph winds, but we boarded up the few windows that dont have hurricane shutters and I am prepared to leave if i need to after work tomorrow or early friday morning. I will update you guys when I can. I need to prep my tanks tomorrow night.