I am sad to say....

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
Well to all here in the salt-water forums, I am sad to say I am giving up. In the last few months of summer and now my senior year of school, I just cant keep my salt tank. I also have a lot of other reasons for this. Though I will miss the great salt water forums and all the kind people in them. I imagine I will be using the fresh water forums now. But for the time being I would really appreciate the help of transferring my salt to fresh. And the works to….skimmer or canister…sand and rocks on bottom….power heads…??? crap. I’m in for some work..

And I’m going to try and sell my live rock to some people I know that deal w/ salt water and some people at the pet store(I know them) think I will be able to do this?? Any ideas and help would be sweet. I will hit you guys with some more questions in a little……..thanx :eek:

Last edited:

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
I would try to sell all your stuff to other hobbiests, fish stores generally don't give you a great trade in value unless it is something very rare that they don't see often. I would use a canister for fresh, sell your skimmer, should be able to get some good money for it on ebay. The substrate doesn't really matter, its more an esthics(sp?) thing. Just make sure you clean everything really well, and ask questions in the FW section, they can be just as helpful as us salties.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I would try posting your SW equipment etc on craigslist.com lots of good stuff on there. You could also put a post in the buy/sell forum here...and/or on ReefCentral and see if anyone in your area is interested in it?

Hey we'll see ya on the fresh forums ;)

Jul 29, 2005
Sunny Cali & Rainy England
Yamaha, I am new to Salt Water and I believe we live fairly close to each other. You are in Waterford, CA and I am in Turlock, CA. I am just establishing my first system and would be keen to see (or read a list) of what you are selling. I am particularly intested in your live rock for the right price. Please, please get in contact.
Best Wishes.

Is your avatar a picture from your setup?

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
RockingCricket said:
Yamaha, I am new to Salt Water and I believe we live fairly close to each other. You are in Waterford, CA and I am in Turlock, CA. I am just establishing my first system and would be keen to see (or read a list) of what you are selling. I am particularly intested in your live rock for the right price. Please, please get in contact.
Best Wishes.

Is your avatar a picture from your setup?
wow, yes I do live in waterford and after aresgod told me that I would have to sell my protien skimmer, I was sad, lol, it took me 4 ever to get that thing. But after you post I was like *celebrate . well, I do want to tell you that salt water is a crap load of work. But if you have been reading this forum you already know that. lol.

Yes I would be more than happy to sell you my live rock, skimmer, salt(cheap) , and I think thats it. Most of my stuff I can use for fresh.

And Jammerz yes I have an Aqua C, we can work it out maybe rocking already has a skimmer or something. I will post pics of all tank(LR) and skimmer.

my number is (209) 874-9226. go ahead and give me a call, my name is Sean...

Jul 29, 2005
Yamaha, I have a protein skimmer, an emporer 400 and a fluval 404 all running on my system, so as far as filtration etc goes, I think I'm good and have all I need. If you have other offers on the sale of your equipment, please do not hold off on my account. I am interested in your live rock and possibly livestock (can I get a list?)

My system is nearing the end of its cycle and I'm just managing to get the diatom bloom under control. You're right, it is a lot of work, but ultimately it's rewarding (somewhere donwn the line).

I'll wait for a pic of your live rock etc and ask for a rough idea of how much you might ask for it. Then I'll give you a call and we can arrange a time for viewing/pickup/whatever.

I did notice your location a while ago and wrote to you through private message asking which LFS's you might recommend. I like Tropical Haven on Prescott in Modesto for price of both livestock and equipment. They don't always have the healthiest fish though.

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
Live rock, I'm not going to weigh it but I think I’ll just say around the lines of 150$.
And as far as livestock all I have is hermits, 4-red leg, 4-5, blue leg hermits. I did not know your tank was already set up, that’s cool.

And I want to add that some peices of rock now have some hair algea, and some have much more caraline growht. I want to give you a really fair deal speak frealy about whatever. And as far as Equipment goes realy all I would have for you would be some 5 gal jugs 4 water, a rio 800, some ph buffer(new) stuff like that.

Jul 29, 2005
Thanks for the pics Yamaha. It's quite hard to get a sense of scale - those hexagon tanks can be either tiny or monsterous. Whatever the scale though, the LR looks great. Some good colors.

Give me a day or so to think. My LFS has a shipment of LR coming in tomorrow and they agreed that they would give me whatever rubble remained at the bottom of the box, so I would like to check that out before we go any further.

I'd be happy to give your hermys a home. Do you still have your emerald crab?

Jul 29, 2005
I have been using it for about 5 or 6 weeks. I purchased my setup recently through a local classified advert. A Fluval 404 was advertised as being part of the deal but when I got everything home I discovered it was missing. It turns out that the deal was never supposed to include the Fluval, but since they had listed it, they were obligated to supply me with one and so aquired one for me from somewhere. It didn't come in it's original packaging but is in like new condition. I've added a couple of liters of ceramic biomedia which you are welcome to too (if it's safe to take it from SW to FW).

Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
well, I would just buy all new media but with my powerheads and my 304 I should have it covered. My houses and fitting are already done for my tank, but like I said Rocking I am just happy to get the stuff away and start the fresh up, so you and I can work out a deal that you and I feal cool about...